The Disney Wonder is the second ship of the Walt Disney Company. It first was used for the short cruises (3 and 4 nights), but was then repositioned to LA for Mexican Riviera cruises and to Vancouver for Alaska cruises. Now in Summer it’s still in Alaska, but the rest of the year it cruises in the Bahamas and Caribbean.
The Disney Wonder left Venice on July 14th 1999 to arrive in Port Canaveral August 2nd 1999. The actual maiden voyage left August 15th 1999.
On October 1st 2006 the Disney Wonder went into drydock for some big refurbishments and some new features like a new computer simulator in the Oceaneer Lab and a 7.2 by 4.2 m LED screen above the swimming pool for families to show movies and sports events. Also the Vista Spa, the meeting and conference facilities and the Quiet Cover (the adult pool) were renovated and made bigger. A lot of these additions happened a year earlier on the Disney Magic.
- Maiden voyage: 1999
- Built: Fincantiery, Italy
- Weight: 83 000 tons
- Length: 290 m
- Width: 32 m
- Speed: 40 km/h
- Decks: 11
- Passengers: 2400 + 945
- Staterooms: 875
- 73% of the staterooms have an ocean view, 60% of the with an own verandah
- Number of phones on board: 1850
- Maximum amount of stored liters water: 310 370
- Maximum amount of stored liters fuel: 77 500
- Anchor weight: 14 tons
- Engine horsepower: 15 448
- Horsepower of all engines together: 77 243
- Each ship can clean 1200 tons sea water to fresh water each day
- Water for the laundry is recycled from the air conditioning: 280 tons per day, from which 220 tons are used
- The ship has Mickey’s colours: red, yellow and dark blue
- Registered: Bahamas