Cabo San Lucas is a beach place in the Mexican state Baja California Sur. Cabo San Lucas has 56.811 inhabitants (2005) and is a part of the city of Los Cabos.
Cabo San Lucas lies at the most southern point of the Baja California peninsula. In prehistory the Pericú lived there. Only in the 18th century the area was explored by Europeans en the city was only founded in 1917. Since 1974 the city started to develop as a beach place en now it’s one of Mexico’s biggest touristic attractions.
Things to see and do
- Beach buggy ride
- B.O.B. underwater adventure: The Breathing Observation Bubble
- Cabo del Sol golf
- Canyon Canopy
- Chileno Bay
- 4×4 Rhino mini jeep adventure
- Horseback riding
- Los Arcos
- Lover’s Beach
- Nikki Beach
- Rocks of Land’s End
- Scuba Diving from Pelican Rock or Neptunes Finger
- Sea kayaking
- Sea lion colony
- Swim with dolphins
- Talofa Tall Ship
Disney Cruise Line recommends some shops in Cabo San Lucas:
- Diamonds International
- Tanzanite International
- Del Sol: everything sold here changes colour in the sun
- Milano Diamond Gallery
- Diamonds International Watch & Design
- Royal Jewelers
- B&B Collection: A combination of art and juwelery
- B&B Marketplace
- Puerto Paraiso: Dining, shopping and entertainment plaza.
- Cohen & Co. Jewelers
- El Squid Roe Original Store: beachwear, stickers, t-shirts and other funny souvenirs
They also mention some restaurants:
- The Giggling Marlin: here they also have dynamite margaritas
- Cabo Wabo: known for the Cabo Wabo tequila
- Shrimp Factory
- Lorenzillo’s Oyster Bar
- El Squid Roe Bar & Restaurant: Favourite of stars like Lance Armstrong, Bono and Michael Jordan. Famous for specials with shrimps and barbecue ribs. Dance on the table, receive free mambo lessons or just watch the others and read the funny messages on the wall.
You can find more pictures here.